|Course Title||Leadership Skills Development|
|Institution||Novosibirsk State University|
Upon completion of the course the students are expected to understand and make practical use of:
The course features a synthetic cross-disciplinary approach designed to furnish students with a range of real life-tailored concepts, models, and tools essential for developing one’s own leadership potential. This will enable them to plan and self-manage further leadership skills development, which are critical in any area of business, public, and nonprofit management.
All required materials will be distributed as hand-outs and articles in class
1. Maxwell J., Developing the Leaders Around You, Nashville: 1995, Thomas Nelson Publishers
2. Bragg Mary, Reinventing Influence, London:1996, Pitman Publishing
3. Fisher R., Beyond Machiavelli: Tools for Coping with Conflict, Cambridge: 1994, Harvard University Press
4. Fuller G., Win-Win Management, Paremus, NJ: 1998, Prentice Hall Press
5. Maitland I., Perfect PR, London: 1999, ITP
6. Adair J., Effective Time Management, London: 1988, Pan Books
7. Ury W., Getting Past No, London: 1991, Random House Business Books
8. Blanchard K., Leadership and the One Minute Manager, London: 1994, Harper Collins Publishers
Emphasis will be made on class discussions of each respective topic that will be regularly reinforced by case studies, class exercises, and role plays. Besides, the practical dimension will be stressed by a team project and home assignments.
Students will be given two examinations: one midterm and final exam each worth 100 points. The team project and class participation will be worth 50 points each. Home assignments will be worth a total of 100 points.
Each student will be evaluated at the end of the semester according to the total number of points accumulated from exams, project assignments, and class participation. Each student’s total will be divided by the total possible points to calculate a fraction.
368-400 points 92%-100% = A
336-367 points 84%-91% = A-
296-335 points 74%-83% = B+
264-295 points 66%-73% = B
240-263 points 60%-69% = B-
212-239 points 53%-59% = C+
Scheme of Work: