EUROPE TRANSFORMED. HISTORY OF EUROPE BETWEEN 1870-1918.
Winter Term 1995
Department of History
CENTRAL EUROPEAN UNIVERSITY
1. Continental understanding of English history . Liberalism, capitalism, Protestantism general survey
2. Hungary viewed from the West. Hungarian-German, Hungarian-French, Hungarian-British relations
3. Russia as a European country. Russian civilization before 1917. Russian communism
4. German present - German past. German nationalism from Wagner to Hitler, nationalism without a state
5. New nations - new nationalism? Ukraine, Croatia, Slovakia, Israel - language problem, national identity in historical perspective
1. Besancon, A., Intellectual Origins of Leninism.
2. James, H., German Identity.
3. Geschichte Siebenburgers. (Ed. B. Kopeczi)
4. Kohn, H., Nationalism.
5. Seton-Watson, R.W.C., The South Slav Question
6. Stone, N., Europe Transformed.
7. Weber, E., Peasants to Frenchmen
8. Wilson, E., The Window on Russia
CRC-Curriculum Resource Center
CEU Budapest, Hungary
Modified: June, 1996
Back to the History Syllabi List Back to the Syllabi Collection
Back to the CRC Homepage Back to the CEU Homepage