- General competitive equilibrium and production/consumption efficiency.
- Market imperfection (I): Monopoly. Price, quantity and welfare loss. Price discriminations. Natural monopoly and regulation.
- Market imperfection (II): Oligopoly. Cournot duopoly and conjectural variations. The Bertrand model. The Stackelberg Model. Monopolistic competition and the theory of contestable markets.
- Labor market. Work and leisure: time allocation. Labor supply. Overtime pay. Household theory. Labor market equilibria / equilibrium. Monopsonistic power in the labor market.
- Public goods: Pigou taxes; Wicksell- Lindhal prices; Coase bargains; incentives mechanism: Clarke and Groves solutions.
- Intertemporal decisions and uncertainty: introduction.
- Uncertainty: definitions, axioms and theorems.
- Individual optimum under uncertainty. Markets: completeness and incompleteness defined.
- Economics of information: theoretical introduction.
- Economics of information: applications.
Binger B.R. Hoffman E., Microeonomics with calculus. Harper, 1988
Hirshleifer J. Riley J.G., The analytics of uncertainty and information, Cambridge University Press, 1992
Back to the Economics Syllabi List Back to the Syllabi Collection
Back to the CRC Homepage Back to the CEU Homepage